Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Care Less

The year 2005 has drawn to a close. I'd love to do a year in review, but I'm relaxing, and taking a break from what has been a very distracting hobby in 2005.

To ring in the New Year, I travelled half-way around the world to attend one of the largest street parties on the planet. Alone. As usual.

I'm not running out of posts...I'm just in an extended ragdoll pose, and getting out of my head for a while. I'm happy to report that nothing has happened. I have not got into trouble, have not had an adventure, and I haven't attended any of the usual parties.

In unrelated news, I saw L two days ago, as I was walking back to my hotel. He gave me the double-, triple-, fourth-, fifth-, and sixth-take as I sauntered past him.

I stared right at him as he stopped in his tracks. My eyes were obscured by sunglasses so he wasn't sure if it was really me. (All black women look alike, right?). We're not on speaking terms, so there is no way for him to know that I would be visiting his neck of the woods again. Whatever.

L is the man who deluded himself that we were having an affair, and then tried to blame it on me when his partner found out.

Happy New Year, everyone.

P.S. My deepest thanks to MadBull for comparing me to two of my role models: Dr. Carolyn Cooper (yes, she's sexy) and Wilmott Perkins. I would like to add quickly that I am nowhere near the calibre of these two remarkable people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home