Saturday, September 03, 2005

Things I realised today...

As I was sipping my morning coffee and waiting for my computer to light up, I realised a few things:

  1. A promise bracelet is just a piece of woven string. So how could I tie my hopes and dreams to cotton thread? I cut mine off this morning, to a rather dubious look from a supersitious friend.
  2. Five years after our first "aha moment" meeting, I am still madly in love with AHE. I woke up this afternon from my nap, and I realise that I do, truly love him. And you know what? So what if he doesn't love me back? I enjoy this feeling of unconditional love. I am happy, and it has nothing to do with his actions or words. It just has to do with my accepting him as he is. He is perfect as is. I don't have to hold him responsible for my feelings and I don't want to be responsible for his either. AHE, wherever you are, I hope that you are really and truly happy. I love you.
  3. Parents try to live their unfulfilled ambitions through their children so that they can be cared for in their old age. Children need to have their own dreams, and be free to have none.
  4. Change/personal growth = Becoming the person I really am in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home