Saturday, August 13, 2005

Generation Next Grows Up

Let us Blog.

I bumped into an old acquaintance on the web. I had googled his name to see what would come up. I had been doing that all week: trying to remember the people I went to UWI with, who are not my friends now and typing their names into Google. I do weird things when I get homesick.

My search turned up two names. One is a beautiful, feisty, petite woman who is now working as a consultant with JAMPRO. She had been in the Netherlands studying. I tried to contact her through Ackee.com, but her e-mail address bounced. I was relieved, because I actually had second thoughts about contacting her right after sending the e-mail.

As for the other name, that of my old acquaintance, I was so curious about him that I called him. I had a very vivid image of him, but he couldn't remember me.

It's funny how people make an impression on you and you hardly have the same impact on them. I wish that if someone thought about me and was curious enough, that they'd pick up the telephone and call me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home