Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Caveman is married

Just my luck. The Caveman is married, and has children. I learned this on Tuesday afternoon.

I was standing in my client's office and Caveman looked up at me and said, "Oh, Shaggy's girl. You look so beautiful." Of course I knew that. I had spent hours preening in front of the mirror and carefully selecting my clothes before meeting my client.

So, I scolded him quite loudly, to the cheers of his subordinates.

Later, as I was flip-flopping across the office floor, someone told me that Caveman would find that annoying so I should stop. I wanted to know if he had a wife and children, so I used this opportunity to find out:

Shaggy's girl: "You don't have children, right?"
Caveman: "Yes, I have children".
Shaggy's girl: "So you must be accustomed to the pitter patter of feet."
My client: "His wife is very good at raising the children so they don't pitter patter."

Uh, huh. Yes, I see. So then what was all that madness about? With his getting in the way when I was flirting with Herr Hottie, the tall, handsome German?

That now makes no sense. I am not interested in married men. Gross!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home