Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Just as a lark...

Just as a lark, I went to my profile page and I clicked on Kingston, St. Andrew and Jamaica, to see who was blogging.

I was amused to see that most of the bloggers had given up after about one post, after going to a lot of trouble to set up a blog site on blogger.

Jamaica does not have a cyberculture, which may be a good thing. I remember having such a good social life (and a great deal of hot sex) when I was living in Jamaica, that having a website would have felt pretentious. I would be a complete asshole if I spent 2 hours updating my website, when my legs could be wrapped around my man's waist, or when I could be enjoying a film on telly with my family. So I guess these people have better things to do with their time.

But wait, there is a rather sensible blogger out there. While I was browsing this evening, I bumped into a blogger named Landfall, a gay male who lives in Kingston, Jamaica. Coincidentally, I bumped into this post after writing a rant about closet gays who get involved with women to hide their sexuality.

Of course we're quite different, but we have so much in common. Lost touch with some aspect of ourselves, single, childless, trying to communicate with some unnamed entity out there to release what's eating away at us. This blog makes sense to me. It's not trying to prove anything...

I'm happy that Landfall took the time to write about his life as a person, and not just to give salacious details of his sex life. Jamaican homophobia exists in part because we only think of "sexual intercourse" when we think of gay men, and we don't really see the person.

I hope he continues to blog past the two posts that are on his blogsite. He has a very interesting story to tell. It may just help to break the spell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home