Monday, October 24, 2005

Why Jamaica Observer closed down the talkback service

Just had to do this post, even though the article is old. I know that I'm not the only one who talks about the hilarious reporting of the Jamaica Observer.


Shaggy's Girl: Did you notice that the Jamaica Observer's Talkback service is out of service?

Shaggy: Yes. Why's that?

Shaggy's Girl: Because their reporters are frauds.

Shaggy: What do you mean?

Shaggy's Girl: Well, I noticed that there was this jackass of an article online, which appeared in the "Social Lives" section.

Shaggy: Isn't that your favourite section?

Shaggy's Girl: Yes, it is. But let me continue. The Chester Francis-Jackson that I had written about in an earlier post had been at it (being a jackass) for a while. Here is what he said, verbatim.
"In agreeing with Cooper, however, on the dynamics that is language, one must part company with his reasoning in galloping attempt to defend Ms Hughes's choice of the word 'compassionateness'"

Shaggy: Huh?

Shaggy's Girl: I know you didn't go to school, so let me gallop to say that he means "I disagree with Mr. Cooper". (keeling over with laughter). But please, let me gallop ahead with my point. (chocking).

Shaggy: I don't see what's so funny.

Shaggy's Girl: (gulping down some water). Okay... Here are the comments that were posted in reply to the jackass article.
Comment 1: This is such a stupid, baseless use of space.

Comment 2: If we are going to write a social column and bash people about grammar, we should get our grammar correct. I refer to: "Also lunching was the fabulous Dr Saphire Longmore; Lotto's Eugene Flokes; Dunlop Corbin's Guernsey Beckford and son Gavin Beckford; the lovely Sandra Cammock; plus several others." CORRECTION: "Also lunching WERE..."

Comment 3: A waste of space indeed! Whats all this "Luvs" and "Doves" crap? And whats this ridiculous reference to Halle Berry's husband Eric, as "godling!". Save those words for people who went to your grammar school.

Shaggy + Shaggy's girl: (keeling over with laughter).

Shaggy: Ah hah! I get it! The Jamaica Observer shut down the talkback service because the people who write the articles write like crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home